New Toys To Play With

Tomorrow I am going to collect my Silhouette Cameo that my darling husband bought for me after a visit to the hospital. I shall also be stopping by Hobbycraft to add more Promarkers to my collection. I also have a new CD with the Summer Set coming from Crafting.co.uk sometime this week so I have plenty of new toys to be playing with.
Sadly I won't get much play time until the week-end as I have another busy week of hospitals, child-minding and the craft class.
This week we are working with the different types of ink pads available to us which is good for me as I have been given some that are not user specific (they don't have any labels stating whether they are die based etc)
I do usually stick to what I know and like but I also like to experiment so it should be fun.
Tutor Jo Rice recently won the Barbara Gray competition and is now on the design team for Hobby Arts.
And that reminds me of another recent purchase!
Flitter Glu .......... it's fantastic and if you haven't heard of it or tried it you must get some and play. You use a stamp with it and then cover the impression with gilding flakes. The effect is wonderful. If you need to see it in action try YouTube
I bought mine at H&G Arts and Crafts at Poynton Garden Centre. It's a nice little shop with a good variety of craft products and the garden center is perfect for DH and myself as we both love our gardening.
Sorry I have no work of my own to share - as usual I have started but not finished several projects. I was hoping to have a picture of the bunting I made for Joe but I couldn't get a good layout and when it was hung at the party there was no chance to take a photo so perhaps this week when I pick him up I will remember my camera.
That's enough from me tonight. Who knows, I may post again tomorrow!!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Guilly sounds like you are going to be a happy bunny with all the new crafting stuff , i have been using my flitter glu with my stamps today and managed to get it over everything lol. but i do like the effects , i had it all bought for me as a xmas pressy from a dear friend but wasnt sure how to use it till today when i watched the show on C&C ...... HUGS sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new toys and I would love to see your finished cards. Have a good week, please rest as well. See you on Wednesday. Crafty hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guilly, hope you're enjoying your Cameo and keeping well, take care1

    Hugs

    Soop xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caught you, emailing C&C, congrats at getting a Nicki Hall card. See you on Wednesday. Hugs. X

    ReplyDelete