Happy New Year

I hope you all had a good Christmas and also a good start to 2013. We had a lovely Christmas, hectic, but lovely. We spent quite a lot of time with our children and grandchildren especially our new addition - Charley. She is a tiny little thing with dark hair and quite long legs but she has the loudest cry I have ever heard from one so small! I'm sure none of the family were as bad :)
Anyway, a new year so hopefully a better one than last.



I missed my first class at scrapbooking this week but hope to make up for it on Thursday. I did manage my Wednesday class with Jo Rice (now internationally famous!) We made 2 really lovely cards which I am pleased to say I finished and the piccies are below.

We used the same stamp for both but used different ideas. The stamp is the Sunflower from IndigoBlu. We used Versafine black ink and 3 shades of yellow Pan Pastel. Jo scraped some of the pigment from the pastels for each of us to use as a paint, dipping the brush into water and mixing each colour how we wanted. The butterfly was done the same way. The stamped topper was then layered onto black card and mounted onto the base. We added yellow ribbon to the card and a clear crystal to the center of the flower plus a few 'drops' of        to finish.

The other card is simply stamped, painted and mounted with 4 gems - one in each corner to finish. I added my own sentiment later.



No comments:

Post a Comment