Received our first Christmas card today

from my daughters new 'family'. What do you call the mother of your childs' partner? :) I haven't met her yet but she sounds very nice. We are going to be grandmothers to the loving couples baby when he arrives next year.


I'm not sure about Christmas this year. It has been a very hard year for us and so much has changed. Still I am trying hard to make it special and my decs are already up - well almost :)  I need a tree in the dining room this year as our new furniture doesn't give us much room for a tree in the lounge.


I have some wooden shapes to paint, stamp etc and a little sleigh to decorate and fill. I am looking forward to that.


DH has kindly bought me some lovely crafting goodies from The Craft Barn in Surrey. Fantastic place ........ If you live in the South East it is well worth a visit. DH took me there when we went to visit family last year and we spent a small fortune!


I have made quite a lot of Christmas cards this year - mostly parchment but I have also bought a lot of stamps - Clarity stamps Night Before Christmas, Inkadinkadoo snowflakes and birds and of course Jayne Nestorenkos range of cute companions. I also chose some Lily of the Valley range of stamps with Nativity etc so I really do have a large choice


I sat with my daughter while she made her cards last week. She has so much more talent than me but she only crafts for Christmas although she did have a spell of jewellery making before she became pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment