Saturday 'workshop' in Buxton

I hadn't even realised that I haven't even blogged about the regular 'workshops' my friend Christine and I are doing every fortnight!






The first 2 were quite calm and didn't really involve me very much. I was there to assist Christine and demonstrate just a few techniques like heat embossing. Mostly giving her my support.

This Saturday was my turn to actually be 'teacher' and I don't mind admitting that I was terrified and didn't get much sleep on Friday. However, come Saturday morning I was calm and prepared (though as always left something behind).

The card (singular!) was based on a design by Jo Rice but with our own little touches added. (Thank you Jo for the inspiration and the help when I needed it)
We used a gorgeous snowman juggling penguins stamp from HobbyArt. An absolute favourite of mine this year.
As all of our guests are complete beginners this card was really about the technique of using Tim Holtz Distress Inks as a background. After a couple of trial runs they had done really well and we went on to start the card using Broken China Inks and the reverse side of centura pearl card. We sprayed the card with a water mist to get a snowy effect before stamping the image. We used a combination of Slim-Jims and Rock-A-Blocks which worked really well.
This was attached to a layer of black card then mounted onto the base card slightly to the left so that we could stamp (or write in some cases!) a vertical sentiment again by Hobbyart.
I then showed them the best way to attach an insert and left them to decorate the image as they wanted.

I have to admit that I was (and still am) very proud of  every single card that was made and myself for not falling apart! . They are all different with their own little twist of design as you  can see.

Two of our group - Margaret and another Christine - chose to hand write their sentiments and they are so brilliant I was green with envy. Having worked in a large insurance office for quite a few years where everything had to be hand written my writing went down the drain and even I have trouble reading it back!

Anyway, enough waffle. I hope you enjoy looking at these lovely cards.

Thank you very much for dropping by today. Next blog update - Saturday 2nd!!! (do you believe that?)

Take care one and all



No comments:

Post a Comment