Hello! What silly weather we are having. It's been quite nice this morning but it has turned grey and miserable. A term used years ago 'Murky Dismal'. Do you remember it?
Well today, not being a great day for me I haven't done any crafting so I have decided to share the card I made for my granddaughters' 13th birthday on Thursday last week.

      

I love Julie Nutting doll stamps.  They take me back to my childhood.  We were a poor family and couldn't afford real dolls (ahh) so I collected paper ones including the Bunty ones on the back of the comic LOL  I LOVED my paper dolls and I had over a hundred that I remember.

Anyway back to the card. I stamped her out on Clarity Gelli card and coloured her with Graphit pens. These are definitely my favourite alcohol pens.  I went over her hair with Spectrum Noir pencils to bring out some highlights.  Then I stamped the top half of the doll onto some pink/lilac paper and cut the dress out, added colour to the waistband and layered it over the doll.

The numbers are from a DoCrafts set and the Dream stamps are from Inkylicious,  I die cut the corners ( Tattered Lace ) from paper in my stash and added flowers from Wild Orchid crafts. I wish I had put the bottom roses at the other corner but hey ho too late once it's glued down.

The base card looks white but it isn't. I swept the outer edges with red and white to make a pink border.

The picture doesn't show the subtle shading I did with my pens. I know it's not great but for a relatively new beginner I am quite pleased. The only problem I had was the cheeks. I did the dots like Nicky Hall had shown me but they looked wrong so I stupidly tried to change it.  I tried the blender pen then I tried erasing them and finally used  Spectrum Noir white pencils, They look O.K. but 'could do much better'

Right waffled on long enough!  Enjoy the rest of your day.  I'm off for a lay down.

Take care and thank you for dropping by   X




No comments:

Post a Comment