Back To My Roots

Today I thought I would share a little picture of two of the hearts I made at a sewing club I recently joined. It is run by Stephanie Weightman who is a really lovely person as I am sure most crafters will know. It's a new club so I wasn't quite as wrecked as I normally am when meeting new people although I admit I did have some medicinal help (NOT gin! or any other alcohol  lol)

We were given a choice of fabrics, ribbons, buttons etc so we all had something different. I got to use the Tattered Lace Crossover Machine. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that it's a lovely smooth machine. We were all making hearts so we used a set of Linen and Lace heart dies. They cut beautifully.

It was just a case of cutting them out sewing on the outer edge, leaving a space to fill with stuffing and lavender then sewing up. For hanging hearts we just added a folded ribbon in the top centre. Then it was just a case of decorating them. One of mine has lace and buttons, another just a button and others just plain (not in the picture as I plan to decorate them).


Simples!!
That is all for now. I am off to the craft room as soon as the tennis finishes - GB v France in the Davis Cup (shh we are winning!)
Time for some Parchment I think.
Thank you for stopping by




No comments:

Post a Comment